Friday 17 July 2015

A Granddad & Granddaughter Bond



I cannot believe this picture is over a year ago. Ava Lily has grown up so fast. The picture above she was helping Granddad Ron water his plants. Granddad Ron is very protected over hes plants and garden and hardly lets anyone get involved but Ava was so careful and done a good job. Ava loves Ron in fact we all do. He is such a active modern funny granddad haha. Technically he isn't my Granddad but he has been in my life since I was 6 years old so to me he is my Granddad. Of course I am gutted Ava and Bella will never get to meet my Granddad Reg but I'm sooo glad they have meet and have Ron in their lives. I remember me standing on his feet and us dancing around the kitchen when I was younger, me pretending to be hes hairdresser and charging him 20p to comb him hair haha and also he makes the best chicken curry ever. 


It makes me happy knowing that Ava and Bella are making memories with Ron just like I did when I was younger. This picture above was last year when we all went to the park for the afternoon and even though Ron is nearly 85 years old he doesn't look or act it. He always gets stuck in and plays with the kids. Ava was "helping up" Ron here and the picture of them holding hands literally melts my heart. 


My Granddad Price and Granddad Reg are in heaven and so are Bethany Granddads and I know they are all looking down being proud of the girls, Tommy and Beth. Ava Lily and Bella Mai have got two granddads Steve's haha how confusing. My Father is called Steve and so is Beth dad. She adores her Granddad Jolly ( Beth's dad) so much and their bond is unbreakable. My dad aka Granddad Price doesn't live close to us and we hardly see him let alone do the girls but he has meet them both a few times and he adores them both. It is a shame my Dad doesn't live close/make effort as he was such a good Father to me and Tommy when we was young and I know the girls would have so much fun seeing their Granddad Price more. 


Apart from Ron, I lost both of my Granddads when I was five/six years old and I miss them both so much. I think watching a bond between a Granddad and their Granddaughter is one of the most loveliest things to see. A few of my best memories are with my Granddad Reg so I love seeing the girls make memories with their Granddads. 


Love Katie 
xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment