Wednesday 4 February 2015

Challenge Two!

I haven't done a parenting blog post in a while. I thought I may let you all know how I'm getting on with two... 

Those who say having two is easy must be telling porkies! Because I can confess it is one of the most demanding and hard working parenting jobs! I love having my two girls and I love running around all day sorting out my two little princesses. But there is no point lying it does leave me knackered at the end of the day. I Spose you can say having two is tireing, demanding, hard work, joyful, rewarding and most heart warming things in the world and to be honest I wouldn't have it any other way. I love being a mummy of two! 

Particularly at the moment my 3 year old Ava's behaviour has gotten a bit worse. I think maybe at times she may be fighting for attention but sometimes this is not the reason. When you have two especially when one is so young and needs feeds and bum changes there and then when they need them it's hard for the older child to understand that the baby don't understand and the whole daily routine has to managed around the lovely new bundle. It's a good idea to keep the older child involved as much as possible, letting them help with nappy changes and feeds and letting them have cuddles as much as possible. It will help them see the new baby is not a threat but a companion. I've noticed when Ava's helping her behaviour is better, though she can still show off its not as bad. 
 I'm confident I've got the managing of Ava's jealousy behaviour changes under control and I am getting all the tips I can off of health visitors ect to manage the rest of it. She is a lovely little girl but she just puts a litttle guard up sometimes when she's upset or angry. 
 Going back to the  let the toddler help topic Ava is a good little helper always on hand to pass me nappies and wipes and to throw things in the bin ect. She has always been happy to lend her mummy a hand, ending the task with a lovely " I love you mummy " this melts my heart everytime.  I love both my girls with all my heart and there's nothing better than having my little girl helping me with my baby girl. It makes me realise that later in life I will have no worries about Ava because she will be such a loving caring young lady. 

Although Ava has felt the normal sibling rivalry with her baby sister it is clear she loves her the world and will protect her and be there for her for the rest of her life. It's also clear that Bella is fascinated with her big sister and loves her also. I know and am confident that my girls will be as thick as thieves. 



LotsOfLove 
Beth...xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment