Tuesday 9 June 2015

Having A Sister In Law Who Is My Best Friend

When my Brother met Bethany, I had no idea how much of an impact she would make to my life...As myself and my Brother are close in age and have always been close, had a good bond and are best friends so I always worried about the future and who he would marry and have kids with because I wanted to be able to still stay close to my Brother. I've seen in my family a brother and sister not speak about of their partners so I prayed Tommy would find a lady who would be lovely and I am glad to say he has.




I have never been a person who have had loads of friends as my family is quite big so I have had a lot of cousins who been the same or similar age and was all brought up together so they were my friends. Then at school I was bullied by people I thought were my "friends" and that made me loose all trust for people in general. I had one friend who lived two doors from me and was in the same year at my school but we drifted apart as I went to a different middle school are her. At that middle school I never really made any friends as I was constantly bullied. Then it was time to go to Windsor Girls School which was the worse 3 years of my life and resulted in my getting death treats, eating disorder, depression and self harmed. I made a few friends but one of them ended up being one of the girls who sent me death threats so I think I just gave up trying to even pretend to make friends. In my road there was about 10 of us all kind of the same age, boys and girls who always met up on the green to hang around and I suppose they were the people I classes as friends but neither of us has stayed in contact now we have all grown up. I have always been close to one of my cousin who is a year older than me but in 2014 that friendship ended due to many of lies and taking the piss blah blah. 



When I met Bethany, I remember being so nervous like I was on a first date haha. I instantly knew she is the one for my Brother as I could see how happy Tommy looked. We started talking over Facebook chat then via whatsapp and didn't realize how much in common we have and how much similar experiences/past we have. I think that why we get on so well and are so close because we now have someone to share, talk and who understand exactly about our past and problems ect. When Beth moved down here, we had the best time ever. Tommy was working nights then so it was just myself and Beth in the lounge at night so we had many chats and even the odd cry. Beth was pregnant during that time so it was an amazing experience to be able to be around to bond with her bump/Bella and for Beth to trust and want me to go to some of her hospital/midwife appointments with her. During this time I was only just diagnosed with my back condition and I truly think if I didn't have Beth around supporting me than I wouldn't of coped. We are like each others second brain... we tell each other straight and it might sound harsh but we both know we need each other to tell it how it is. It is actually scary how similar and alike we both are, same interest and even that same clothes and shoe sizes which is good as we both steal each others clothes haha. So not only did my Brother gained a fiance, his soulmate and two daughters but I have gained a Sister in law, best friend and two nieces. We are on the exact same wave length which is why we get on so well. 

Having a Blog with Beth is the best thing. I'm more on the technical side of it and Beth is more of the creative words and ideas. Having two of us running this blog is amazing because if I don't feel like blogging for a week or so then I know that Beth will blog so that our readers never miss out on a post. We know we haven't got the most best layout, design, pictures and post but we try and to us this is our little comfort blanket and personal space we go on. So I would like to thank Zoosk for making my Brother and Sister in law match on the site as now I have a best friend who I trust and love with all heart... Bethany I love you lots and I am so grateful for your continuous support, advice and help. 

Love Katie xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment