Wednesday 15 April 2015

Why I Love My Hometown//Windsor



Although I have been living in Windsor pretty much most of my life, there is nothing better than coming into town and exploring. I love watching the Change Of Guards, walking by the River Thames and the other week Myself and My Mother walked around the "Posh" side of Windsor just looking at all the big beautiful houses. There is so much stuff and places I haven't even experience yet in Windsor which makes me realise how much lucky I am to live in a beautiful area. 


15 minutes walk and I'm in the heart of busy Windsor town, 5 minutes walk and I'm in the Great Park which leads you to the Long Walk to the Castle so it's easy and quick to explore these things but I hardly go to the Great Park or The Long Walk. Windsor is constantly busy no matter what time or month it is, so it's hard to just "pop" into town for a quick coffee without getting stressed and annoyed that it's busy. So usually I will always have to have a reason to go into town like when I have to buy something, lunch, after the Doctors as its few minutes walk from there or if my family want to meet up in town. Lucky now there is a Costa near me so I don't have to go into the heart of town for a coffee anymore. 


I have been into Windsor Castle a few times as my Cousin was a Guardsmen there as was my Father. Plus if you're a resident of the Royal Borough you get an advantage card which gets you into the Cadtle for free and the card also gets you cheaper parking, discount at restaurants and shops in town. But My Advantage Card need renewing which I need to do! Eton is just a quick walk over a Bridge from the River and it's nice to see all the Posh houses from Eton College, you see all the boys walking around smartly dressed and it feels very much "Posher" than Windsor but it's nice to walk around Eton. 

The shops in Windsor are not everyone cup of tea to be honest but you got the usual H&M, Topshop, Next, New Look, Zara, TK Maxx, Marks & Spencer's, Boots and Superdrugs and obviously are a few Posh random shops which I never go in unless you have hundreds to spend haha!! They have good choice of places to eat/drink most are above the average price to be honest but there are the usually Nandos, Bills, GBK, Maccys, subway and Marks & Sparks cafe but one thing to watch out is the Wetherspoons in Windsor is more expensive than all the other Wetherspoons which is stupid, it's about £2/3 extra on every single meal so basically it's same price as the other "expensive" pubs and restaurants there. The have all the coffee chains there and my fave is the Costa Coffee which is in the Royal bit of the Train station which no one really knows about as its tuck away in the corner so it's hardly ever busy. 

I might do another post about Windsor, maybe the best/worse places/things to do ect? I'm always finding new places to eat, have a coffee and building I never knew exsisted so I love walking around to explore. Of course it's busy being a tourist hotspot and you do need to have abit of money if you going to spend a day here but there is ways of making it cheap so I might do a tips on how to do a cheap day out in Windsor, shall I do that? Let me know :) 

P.S my laptop has currently broken so my post will have to be done via my iPhone for the moment so if the quality of post are poor then I do apologise in advanced I do hope to get it fixed as soon as possible. 

Love Katie xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment