Saturday 2 July 2016

Review - Sudocrem Care and Protect

Hey Guys,

I hope everyone is having a fab weekend so far, and how lovely of you to take time out to read our blog! What brings me here today you wonder, well as you could possibly tell from the title, a lovely little review brings me here today, so I guess you weren't actually wondering that ha ha.

Just over a week ago I was sent a sample cream by a lovely lady. The cream in question being a nappy rash cream, Care and Protect by Sudocrem! Sudocrem eh a favourite for everyone parent or not, there is always a tub in the medical cupboard more often than not. For this reason I was happy to give this new cream a go! Now as someone who doesn't always read the ins and out of packaging the name care and protect tells me that it cares for the nappy rash and the protects against it afterwards, keep on reading to see if it has done the job!

Now I am going to turn into a cream nerd and get more into detail about what this product offers, its an important part of reviewing and saves you all time in reading labels should you decide to invest! This ointment, claims to be a triple care ointment, which to be fair is pretty good because usually they only ever double protection, well unless its toothpaste, so as soon as you see triple you start getting wooed. These three things are a protective barrier - that will protect against irritation and rubbing, conditions skin - it has in it vitamin E and vitamin B5 and last but not least guards against infection - the protective layer it will form will prevent infection.







Okay so before using the ointment I was impressed, I love the tube, I sound sad but come on if a products packaging is attractive then your going to want to buy it, us humans like things that appeal to our eyes. But you know it isn't just the way it looks, the tube has a nice smooth feel to it, its just different. Its soft, soft like a babies bum and its for a babies bum so I guess that's why they did it like that ha ha. Another appealing thing about the packaging (yes I'm still going on about packaging but this is my last point about it I swear) as you can see by the picture it has an indent for a thumb..or finger, this is so it is easy for one hand opening which as you may know is good when your changing a fidgety baby, trying to keep them still or holding their legs up with one hand and this cool idea does work!

Lets get down to the nitty gritty, the bit you all want to know, does it actually work? When I got this ointment through Bella actually had nappy rash, I know timing eh, I used it straight away I used one application in the evening the day I got it and then two the next day and by the third application the rash was fully gone, so you can say after two applications her nappy rash cleared up, you wouldn't have thought she had even had a rash. I was very  impressed, I was sceptical about the ointment, mainly because others haven't been that impressive, I thought this one would go down the same road I thought it would take a bout a week to clear but it didn't even take a day. I usually use metanium for nappy rash, you know the yellow one, its messy its yellow and the tube usually pierces holes  in it but up until now it done the job the best. This ointment though, leaves no mess, its not greasy it don't keep coming out the tube after you've used it like the damn metanium, its the best I've had for application and tidiness. So the nappy rash had cleared, but my testing didn't stop there I wanted to test what it said on the packaging you know about the who triple thing so I carried on using, and using, and did our friend the nappy rash reappear, no which was great. That wasn't good enough for me I wanted to see if it was the cream doing its job or Bella just fighting it off herself, so for a day just a day I stopped using it. To my surprise my little love started developing a rash again, I reapplied the cream and after a couple applications it was gone. I am impressed. Now the conditions skin side of it I don't know how you would notice as a babies skin is naturally soft and conditioned looking, but given  the rest of what it says is true I take Sudocrems word for it.

Now I didn't buy the cream myself so I have had to do research on the retail price and I have found the price varies between £4 and £6, you can buy from Asda where its £4 for 30g tube, Tesco where it is £5.50 for a 40g tube and Boots where it is £5.99 for a 50g tube. To be honest I would go for the 50g tube at £5.99, only the best for my little one, I want a nappy cream that I can trust, does the job it says and not only treats it when it is there but protects against it, and if it does all that which it does then I do not mind paying the price at all. The metanium has now gone in the bin and I will be buying myself another tube of this care and protect when this one runs out. I really wanted to weigh this review up and throw a few negatives in there, but I just couldn't find any. I encourage other mums out there to invest in this product, it is worth it I promise, at the moment its th ebest nappy cream on the market.

Below are a list of prices and tube sizes from other retailers you can purchase from.

Superdrug - 30g £3.95 100g £9.99
Morrisons - 30g £4.00 on offer at the moment for £2.97 
Sainsburys- 30g £4.00
Waitrose- 30g £4.00 100g £9.99

Thank you for reading

Until next time

LotsOfLove
Beth...xxx
 

No comments:

Post a Comment